As one of Bedford’s leading recruitment agencies we are able to offer you a wide choice of temporary and permanent positions in many different categories, so whatever your needs you have come to the right place.
On our vacancies page you will find details of some of our current permanent vacancies. For more details contact us where our friendly and well trained teams will be waiting to help you. For information on current temporary vacancies, which constantly change throughout the day, call our offices for full details.
How to Register
We look forward to welcoming you in our office located in Bedford town centre. Appointments are not essential but are recommended.
The new Recruitment Agencies Act requires the following documentation to be produced on registration.
- Passport or Birth Certificate
- Proof of NI number (NI Card or old payslip)
To assist us with your job search we would also ask you to bring a current C.V.
What is Registration?
In order to make sure we have fully understood your requirements we ask everyone of our applicants to visit our offices at a time to suit you. On arrival our friendly teams will ask you to complete a Registration Form and will talk to you about your requirements and future aspirations. They will talk you through suitable vacancies and share their knowledge of the local job market.
Once we have your contact details we will continually update you of new vacancies as they arrive.
If you are looking for temporary work we will fully explain how temping works and talk you through the benefits now available.
The whole process will take a maximum 30 minutes – it’s as easy as that!
Services available to applicants at Placing People
- Permanent Vacancies
- Temporary Vacancies
- Advice on local job market
- Guidance on Employment
- CV production service (chargeable service)
- Training (chargeable service)
- Major software packages
- Interviewing skills
Top tips for a successful interview
- Plan your journey, allow for possible delays. Visit the location before the interview and arrive a few minutes early
- Do your homework – Find out as much as possible about the Company. Ask your consultant for as much information regarding the Company’s products or visit the Company web page.
- Prepare yourself – Take time to think about your skills, qualifications and experience and what they could bring to the Company.
- Prepare some questions to ask during the interview – restrict your questions to details of the job or Company. Salary and benefits are best left to the second interview or until a job offer has been made.
- Dress code – be sure to ask your consultant about the appropriate dress code for the Company. For office work a smart well-groomed appearance is essential.
- Ask at the interview what the next step will be – who will let you know if you are successful and when. If you are interested in the position be sure to express this to the Company before you leave.
We wish you every success with your interview – if you need more information regarding Interview Techniques contact Placing People for further details.
Top tips on C.V. preparation
- This is your selling tool – think about your skills, experience and qualifications. Include your major achievements and transferable skills.
- Look for key words in the job description and how your skills and experience match these words.
- Your C.V. should be interesting – use bullet points rather than reams of text. Include a profile telling the Company something about you as a person.
- Always start with your current position first and work backwards.
- A C.V. should be a maximum two A4 sheets in length so think carefully and make sure every word is relevant.
- Check your spelling and grammar
- Provide a well-worded covering letter clearly defining the position you are applying for and what you can bring to the position.
Placing People provide a professional C.V. preparation service.
For more details contact us on 01234 327272.