Looking to find a job in Bedford? We are committed to providing people the very best available careers on a permanent / temporary / temporary to permanent basis as well as being a point of contact for employers wishing to fulfil a position. Use Placing People Bedford today and see how our years of expertise can help you find the perfect employer / employee!
Our Client based in Bedford is currenlt looking for a specialist teaching assistant to work as part of a school based SEND team in order to meet the needs of a student with subject to an EHCP in mainstream and special schools.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To work under the direction of the Headteacher / SENCO in school:
1. To assist in the education of SEND pupils in mainstream school.
2. To work closely with the SENCO in planning, developing and providing learning experiences for pupils to access the school curriculum
3. To contribute to the physical, social, emotional and intellectual well-being of a student in order to foster learning experiences provided for them
4. To work with an individual pupil in the classroom under the direction of the class teacher and SENCO
5. To undertake the preparation of materials to support the inclusion of a pupils with SEND in a mainstream school
6. To assist with keeping precise records, contribute to and attend annual reviews and other meetings with staff and parents, as appropriate
7. To share in the organisation, management and maintenance of resources
8. To share in the supervision of pupils during every day routines, as appropriate
9. To work with individual pupils on a one-to-one basis on specific skills to promote independence as directed by the SENCO
10. To assist with preparation, implementation and review of Individual Education Plans as appropriate
11. To liaise with all members of staff in a mainstream school as appropriate
12. To undertake any other duties of a similar level and responsibility as may be required from time to time by the SENCO
13. To respect the confidentiality of all information relating to pupils and their families
14. To undertake training consistent with developing skills relevant to these duties and responsibilities
15. To practice and promote fair and equal treatment of staff and customers throughout the course of performing all duties contained within this job description